Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Yay Halloween is here! Time to get on those costumes and be someone else for a day. Since I didn’t spend money/effort on a costume this year (I know, LAME-O HERE hahaha), I went to the local Dollar Tree, Jo-Ann and Pumpkin Patch to get a few things. I got tape, curling ribbon, paper napkins, Candy Corn, Reese’s, Kisses, Starburst, glow sticks, one piece of black and orange felt and two mini pumpkins.


What did I do with all of these goodies?? I GOT CRAFTY!

Truthfully, Martha Stewart got me in the Halloween mood. I was flipping through her Halloween edition magazine at Barnes & Nobles. I always love her ideas (despite her little jail incident).


First, I cracked open that pack of Halloween napkins. What kind of craft can you do with paper napkins? I modified Martha Stewart’sHalloween Pumpkin treat bags, since I was doing most of my shopping at the Dollar Tree. Martha’s initial idea was to “Fill orange mini craft bags with candy. Twist the top of the bag up into a stem. … Wrap floral tape around stem…” When I first read this idea, I thought it was AMAZING! My Dollar Tree version of this: I opened up a napkin, put some candy in, and closed it with tape. My idea of covering the tip with curling ribbon wasn’t going too well, so I covered it with felt instead and used the curling ribbon as an accent. 


My second crafty creation was also Martha Stewart inspired. In the magazine, she had an I Scream Sundae. (The link is the closest thing I could find online.) I thought the witch hats were super adorable. Where does my Dollar Tree goodies come in? Well, I cut out pieces from the paper napkin to turn it into a witch hat for the mini pumpkins. Then I continued to decorate the pumpkins with the black felt I bought. 


I used the rest of the felt to make pumpkins, black cats, bats, spiders, witch hats, brooms, tomb stones, trick or treat bags and candy. I used the curling ribbon to accent most of my crafty creations. I was going to put the glow sticks in the pumpkin treat bags, but I forgot. Ha-Ha-Ha! I think glow sticks are just enjoyable by themselves anyway. Lastly, I used the cardboard roll that the glow sticks were in. I took some tissue and made ghost out of them. BOO!







The door decor for the bathroom




I hung the ghost from the ceiling

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you have a SPOOOoooOOooOooKY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment