Friday, November 2, 2012

Weddings and Bridal Shower

A few posts ago, I mentioned I went to a couple of weddings in August. I love being a part of wedding celebrations! I can’t help but smile when I think of white dresses, dancing, flowers, family, food, drinks, and dessert.

Lindsey & Oliver
August 11, 2012

My Aunt Lindsey got married to the lovely Oliver this year on August 11th. The ceremony was very touching with beautiful vows. I loved catching up with family and having the whole Wong family in one place. After pictures, everyone headed to the reception. My family and I sat at table twenty-one (the cool table). In between the kissing, dancing and diving for the flower bouquet, I got to eat the yummy cupcakes they served as their “wedding cake”. Before I said my good-byes and congratulations, everyone got to bring their little sacks and fill them with trail-mix. Yummy!

The cool table

Time to catch the bouquet

Trail mix it up!

Dessert! Cupcakes!

The next wedding I went to was my best friend’s, Susie’s, wedding. Susie married Eddie on August 18th, 2012. I was the maid of honor, so I set up the Bridal Shower with help from Naomi, Christine and my good friend Aya.

Susie & Eddie
August 18, 2012

I was all sorts of worried about how the Bridal Shower would turn out, but it was a successful. The decorations and favors turned out amazing. Plus the games were great and everyone loved the prizes. Don’t forget dessert! You know me, I had to have a dessert table.

From Left: Marissa (Me), Susie and Aya

Dessert Table at the Bridal Shower

Drink Station

Party favors, Firefly Christmas Lights and paper flowers made by Aya


Aya and I did a ton of hunting online when it came to decoration ideas. We both love cutesy things. Since we were planning things in different places, we collaborated on Pinterest. (Link to our board.) I think we used just one of those ideas. Go figure, right?! We did the “Firefly Christmas Lights” in the colors of the Bridal Shower. It looked amazing!

Time to dance!

Congratulations again to the lovely newlyweds: Lindsey & Oliver and Susie & Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment