Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yummy Banana Bread!

Freshly cut banana bread

Hello Everyone! Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been extremely busy since Easter. There have been projects, tests and due dates to meet. You know how it is when that peak in the quarter or semester hits.
A stress relieving method for me is to bake something. Banana bread was the stress relieving baked good of choice. I was craving it for weeks. I usually get banana bread at the Rochester Public Market, but I haven’t had a chance to go. I was a bit bummed out because there is a stand that sells great banana bread for only $3.00. 
Well, there is a first for everything. Right? I went online to find a recipe. I’ve been skeptical about taking recipes online because they never turn out quite well for me. This time, I gave it a shot and took a look online. I was surprised to find a Betty Crocker Banana Bread Recipe. I figured if it was a Betty Crocker recipe, than it had to be legit.
I was excited! Banana bread here I come!
Freshly cut banana bread
I mixed all the ingredients, and I added some Nestle Chocolate Chips in there because I could. (Nestle has some really fun baking recipes on their website. I might check them out next time I bake.) I put it in the oven at 350° and checked it at 40 mins. I did the toothpick trick, but it still needed time in the oven. Twenty minutes after that it was finally done. It didn’t look like the picture when I took it out of the oven. It actually looked like I had left it in the oven too long. 

I worried for nothing because it tasted AMAZING! What a sigh of relief. 

Yay for banana bread baking success! I had so much fun baking and then taking pictures of it afterwards. Now back to homework I go.

Freshly cut banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment