Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fun Distractions

My Desk Distractions

When trying to tackle my homework the other day, I kept getting distracted. I don’t know why. The TV was off and my apartment was quiet. I took a look around and realized all the cute, fun distracting things on my desk. Let us take a tour through my distractions.
Rubiks Magic and Slinky

  • There is the Rubiks Magic puzzle, which makes really interesting shapes. I’ve never solved it, and I don’t think I ever will.
  • Who can resist a Slinky? Slinkys are so simple, yet so amusing. I just love motioning it back and forth. Plus, I find a Slinky falling down the stairs really cool. Have you seen the 1960 slinky commercial? Slinkys are so awesome!
  • Have you guys ever been to Kid Robot? I’ve only been to the one in San Francisco, but there is one located in New York, Los Angeles, Miami and London. I bought two toys from Kid Robot’s POP! Super Shiny Mini Series. Kid Robot toys are so addicting to buy because you never know which toy you are going to get from the series.
Kid Robot Toys and Wilson from Cast Away
  • Do you remember the movie Cast Away that came out in 2000? Wilson was the friend that Chuck created from a volleyball that washed up on the shore in a FedEx package. Even though Wilson never had a line, he was one of my favorite characters in the movie.
  • Then there is Rilakkuma’s friend. Rilakkuma is a Japanese bear character that is famous in Japan.
Rilakkuma's Friend, 20 Questions, and Pink Piggy Bank

  • Twenty Questions is another fun distraction. The game usually always guesses what I am thinking.
  • My little, pink piggy bank that my friend gave to me for Christmas.
  • And lastly, my stress squeeze toy shaped as my school mascot, Richie. I don’t really squeeze him when I’m stressed, but he’s just so cute. 
Richie


What distracts you at work or what distracts you from homework?

No comments:

Post a Comment