Monday, March 26, 2012

Cupcake Cheers!

When planning a trip, what do you usually do after booking a hotel and a way to get there? I usually find myself looking at touristy sites and Yelp. Yelp has helped me find so many awesome places to explore and to eat at. It has also helped me satisfy my cravings. The craving of the day was cupcakes!
Black Velvet Cupcake

It was a long bus ride to Washington, D.C. After walking around for a while and hitting many museums, my friends and I were in search of coffee and cupcakes. We found our way to a Chinatown Dunken Donuts after asking for directions at a gym. A few blocks down, we hit Red Velvet Cupcakery. I was thrilled out of my mind. To myself I was cheering, “Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes!” As soon as we walked in I said, “Smells like YUM!” I can't resist the lovely smell of baked goods!

My friends and I each ordered one cupcake. In our cupcake cheers we had a Black Velvet cupcake, which was a light, vegan/gluten-free chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate butter cream; Cookies in Cream cupcake, which was a marvelous chocolate, oreo cookie mixed cupcake topped with American buttercream; a Southern Belle cupcake, which was their famous red velvet cupcake topped with whipped cream cheese; and a Hazelnut cupcake with coffee buttercream frosting. What better way to enjoy baked goods than with friends? The buttercream was to die for! It was so rich and creamy that it melted in your mouth. Although it wasn’t the best cupcake I’ve ever had, it certainly hit the spot for the day.
Cheers to Cupcakes! Black Velvet, Cookies in Cream, Southern Belle, and Hazelnut

Can’t wait for the next time to feast on some delightful baked goods accompanied by friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment